I have been studying, researching, blogging, writing, and giving tours on Civil War Franklin and the Battle of Franklin for over 15 years.I’ve been a student of the Civil War in general for over 30 years. My bookshelves, file cabinets, and Evernote and DropBox folders are completely filled with my work, collections, writings, etc.
Since I do not earn my living as a professional historian I have chosen not to emphasize publishing my work in traditional book format, yet. However, I’m often asked if any of my studies, writings, or presentations are available for download or in eBook format. Fortunately the answer is ‘yes.’
My shorter works and presentations are typically in PDF format and are free.
FREE resources, downloadable in PDF:
- Who Built Fort Granger? | Download
- Indiana Units at Franklin | Download
- Tennessee Soldiers buried at McGavock Cemetery | Download
- Hillsdale College in the Civil War | Download
(Others include Hillsdale at Franklin, Hillsdale Medla of Honor Winners)
- Tennessee Medal of Honor Winners | Download
- Innovation in the Civil War | Download
- Patrick Cleburne’s Once-Lost Pistol | Download
- Newspaper Coverage of the Battle of Franklin | Download
- Union Soldiers at Franklin | Download
- Unknown Franklin Soldier Reburial October 10, 2009 | Download
- Lt. Henry B. Dillard, 33rd Alabama Infantry. His Civil War Service Record, and Personal Account | Download
- The True Love-story between William F. Gibson (1832-1907) 8th Arkansas, Co I, and Miss Laura Sowell | Download
- Many, many more
About Kraig McNutt
I am originally from Louisville, Kentucky but have lived in middle Tennessee for over 15 years now. My 2nd GGGF was a member of the 26th Kentucky (U.S.) and fought at Franklin. I am a member of the Fort Donelson Camp #62 – Sons of Union Veterans, the Franklin Civil War Round Table, and several historic preservation organizations in Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, and South Carolina. I am a frequent speaker at Civil War round tables, historical societies, and related organizations. My various social media channels engage over 25,000 people a month. I am publisher of The Civil War Gazette.
I hold degrees from Indiana University, the University of Kentucky, and Grace Theological Seminary. My email is tellinghistory[at]yahoo.com