The Rev Pinkney T. Martin served in Company F, 17th Tennessee Infantry, enlisting at Camp Harris on August 15, 1861. His initial enlistment was for a period of 12 mos.
Just a few months into his service he was taken prisoner at the Battle of Fishing Creek, KY (same as Mill Springs), on January 19, 1862. Records show he was exchanged and returned to service in August 1862, where he rejoined (see below) the 17th Tennessee.
Martin was present for duty when his regiment saw action at Stone’s River and at Chickamauga. In August 1864 he transferred to Company A, 4th Tennessee Cavalry. The 4th TN Cav saw action at Franklin in Nov 1864.
Martin married a daughter of Matthjew M. Meacham of Garrison and was given a farm on Sneed Rd near Pasquo by his father-in-law. After his wife died, he moved to Franklin on Adams Street and enjoyed preaching around the county (1).
He died in 1929 and is buried in Mt. Hope Cemetery in Franklin, TN.
(1) The Williamson County Historical Society